What Strategy to Adopt to Complete the Mathematics Syllabus for NDA Exam?
The reputed National Defence Academy (NDA) exam is held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice every year to recruit suitable candidates for India’s defence forces.
Thorough practice and proper strategies can help you scale up your scores and crack the exam. NDA syllabus for mathematics is divided vastly, and appropriate scheduling of topics would help you complete your mathematics syllabus on time. It consists of algebra, trigonometry, geometry, integral calculus and differentiation, matrices and determinants, statistics and probability, etc.
- Focus on high scoring subjects of NDA exam such as trigonometry and algebra, and practice them thoroughly. Identify and capitalise topics that carry the maximum weightage. Solve as many past year papers as you can to understand the kind of questions one can expect from a particular topic. Revise the concepts that you are already good at while spending more time on your weaknesses. Don’t memorise formulas, try to understand them so that you can remember them for a long time.
- Don’t take too many topics on your plate. Optimise them accordingly, and try to stick to one book for concepts and utilise the other for practising problems. It would increase your speed, and you would be able to complete the syllabus on time. Divide the topics and make a time table according to them. For instance, take statistics and probability and try to finish them in 10-15 days. Repeat this process for all the topics.
- Get your fundamentals correct before jumping into mocks and practice tests. Try to solve a few sums from each topic and then start practising by giving tests. Aspirants commit mistakes by giving tests straightaway and getting low scores, ultimately reducing their motivation levels. Build a roadmap before attempting for your mock test.
- During the initial preparation period, practice sums without a timer but as you develop, try to solve them with a timer. NDA tests your speed and accuracy, so it is vital to learn to solve the questions in the shortest possible time. Try to pick up shortcuts and a few tricks to improve your calculation speed. Basic formulas, tables, fractions, square and cube roots etc., need to be at your fingertips. Do write them in a separate notebook to optimise your time.
- Don’t try to solve too many challenging problems as it would lead to frustration, and your speed would slow down. Make a mix and match strategy. If you get stuck somewhere, ask for help, otherwise, move on. Aspirants often make the mistake of wasting their time with such problems, which pushes them behind in syllabus completion. Instead, they should utilise this time to thoroughly analyse their mocks and prepare a strategy accordingly. You can visit BYJU’s Exam Prep to get unlimited access to All India Mock tests and a detailed analysis of your results.
- Mathematics is all about practice. Learn to manage your time with the preparation. The syllabus is vastly from class 11th and 12th mathematics. Leave no stones unturned to cover every topic. Try to maintain your pace. Don’t take too many breaks in a week, and be consistent with your preparations. Take ample amount of time in your revisions. Take at least 2-3 weeks to revise and study all your mock tests before the D-day.
Don’t forget to check out the important notifications for the NDA examination.
If you want to be a leader of the defence forces who will be dedicated to their duty to serve the nation, then give your best in the NDA exam. Prove your worth and tell the world that discipline and integrity can make wonders.
Start your preparation with BYJU’s Exam Prep, which offers unlimited access to all UPSC NDA exams, all India mock tests, detailed analysis and solutions, highly-experienced faculties, and high-end study material to help students crack the entrance exam.
Stay Connected with our Education blogs India